Get excited. It’s a ‘CHUPS-specific hot wings recipe just in time for the Super Bowl! Because we’re sure you are lacking on available chicken wing recipes right now … ::cough:: But none of them incorporate the newest, coolest condiment. So there.
Double Dipped ‘CHUPS Wings
1. Remove wing pieces from packaging. Rinse thoroughly and pat dry with a paper towel. Allow wings to air dry at room temperature or in the refrigerator for about 15 minutes.
2. In a cast iron skillet or stock pot, heat oil to 250 degrees (medium heat) using a thermometer.
3. Gently place wings in oil and cook for about 20 minutes, flipping wings occasionally. Cook until softened, but not crispy.
4. Remove wings with a slotted spoon and drain on a tray lined with a paper towel.
5. Allow wings to cool at room temperature or in the refrigerator for at least an hour (or up to 24 hours in advance).
6. To finish cooking, heat oil to 400 degrees and fry wings again for about 10 minutes, or until skin is golden and crispy.
7. While frying, heat butter, hot sauce, and ‘Chups in a sauce pan until the butter has melted.
8. Once done frying, remove wings from oil and drain on paper towels.
9. Just before serving, places wings in a bowl and pour sauce mixture over top. Toss the wings in the sauce to coat and serve immediately.
10. HAVE A CONTEST TO SEE WHO CAN EAT THE MOST.
Recipe developed by our resident ‘CHUPS chef, Matt Wallace.